Hey everyone! This week’s recipes is one of my favorites I’ve made so far. And, it’s also by far the easiest! It’s definitely gonna be a staple in my house from now on.
This recipe comes from, once again, my favorite Crock Pot recipe book: The Better Homes and Gardens Skinny Slow Cooker mag. I slightly modified it and my version turned out great!
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces uncooked ground Italian chicken sausage
- 3 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green peppers (or really any kind of peppers you want!)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 8-ounce can pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
Start out by heating the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Then, add the sausage and cook until brown. Make sure to break it up!
Once the sausage is browned, drain out the fat. Coat your Crock Pot with the cooking spray, and then go ahead and toss in all the ingredients except for the bread and cheese. Cook for 4 to 4 and a half hours on low, or 2 to 2 and a half hours on high.
Once it’s done, divide it evenly on all the ciabatta halves. Top them each with some of the cheese.
THAT’S SERIOUSLY THE RECIPE! It’s so easy, and inexpensive too! I’m in love.